Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Priest
Our new priests at our guild - keen to discuss?

I guess we can only discuss low level skills as our alterate chars have just started out.

There are only 3 attack spells by level 10. I normally like to use the skull (forget the name hee) to pull and damage over time as the enemy came over.

Healing spells - there are only 2 so far. Desperate prayer is for healing self and has a longer cool down time. lesser heal is for general heal, abt 60% to 90% can be healed.

Specs - so far i have added on shadow section.

It is an improvement at level 12 to learn the armor which will diminish as u absorb damage but can be re-cast at any time as there is no cooldown time. Very useful and make it more powerful against damage. Notice that priest does not have stun or similiar spells like the mage to keep the enemy in place (so that u can move back and hit them w/o damage). Thats why this armor is quite impt.

Hard to play solo.. but i dun tink as hard as my mage character.
Using Mind Blast before Shadow Word: Pain while beginning have a few advantages:

1. Mind Blast have a long cool down time.
2. Shadow Word: Pain is an instant cast, can be cast without losing time while fighting.

My usual fighting style is:
Mind Blast, Shadow word: Pain, Power Word: Shield or Psychic Scream, Wand the bugger to death! (quite melee oriented priest haha)
I only just learnt that priests of different races get to learn different stuff.

Me, I go Smite, Shadow Word, Mind Blast.

Haha, that's why we need a dwarven priest. They have fear ward...
Draenei priest have some spirit thing. Elven has some elune thing... hmm.
OIC I also didn't know difference races learn differently. Then we should start different races.

Actually i plan to start draenei warrior bec' they looked so strong..
Hee. I told ross. He said he would start a dwarven priest but said they looked too... stubby...

Anyway, so we got a draenei and night elf priest on board.

Problem with Draenei Warrior: They look big and strong, but they ARE big. So while playing PVP, they will target Draenei's first (same as Tauren). Gnomes are so.... hard to see Smile
Gnomes are indeed hard to see. There is once when i am playing my gnome and sometimes, i can't see my character cos its hidden by other chars Tongue
When I was levelling/powergrinding I'll spec shadow.

In ShadowForm the cast sequence for Grinding was:

Vampiric Touch (restore Mana one.. if it's infact Vampiric Embrace)
Mind Blast
Shadow WordTongueain
Mind Flay
Physic Screem:Rank 1
Mind Flay
Dead... all mana restored (Spriit Tap Active).

---
If i am grinding as i am a holy/disc spec, i use a few more, because in this mode, i can use holy spells, whereas in shadowform, you can't use any. I have my DPS set of gear on too.

Holy Fire
ShadowWordTongueain
Mind Blast
Renew. If they do hit me... don't let me die.
Smite
If they are around 25% I'll wand to death.
If they are 35% i'll do
Mind Blast or ShadowWordBig Grineath (if they are close to death)

-