Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arena
Brick 
Anyone keen on Arena?

I just realised that honor pts exchange doesn't have much good weapon for a holy paladin.. but arena has a good weapon.

The benefits seem to be attractive, especially can get good gear for pre-high level dungeons.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Arena_reward

Merciless Gladiator's Salvation
Binds when picked up
MaceMain Hand
Speed 1.618 - 113 Damage
(41.20 damage per second)
+31 Stamina
+21 Intellect
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves resilience rating by 21.
Equip: Increases healing done by spells and effects by up to 423.

Merciless Gladiator's Gavel
Binds when picked up
MaceMain Hand
Speed 1.6018 - 113 Damage
(41.2 damage per second)
+27 Stamina
+18 Intellect
Durability 105 / 105
Requires Level 70
Equip: Improves spell hit rating by 15.
Equip: Improves your resilience rating by 18.
Equip: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 225.

Kiokio has started an Arena Team: Watchers of Halaa

Actually this is an inside joke for the Halaa PVPers.. Tongue Yach, Zhuge and Sid knows what happened.

Its 5V5. Can join in up to 10 ppl.
Rules of Arena posted from WOW website:-

Warmup At the beginning of each match, both teams are placed in separate holding areas, similar to battlegrounds like Arathi Basin or Warsong Gulch.

Any existing buffs and conjured items will be purged or deleted upon entering. This is to ensure outside buffs are not used, and no conjured items from players not actually in your group are being used.
Your health and mana are set to full.
While your buffs are removed, your debuffs are not. This is to prevent players from using arena matches to clear their debuffs.
Mana/Rage/Energy costs are reduced to zero in the holding area so that teams can buff up and prepare for the match.
Soul Shard costs are reduced to zero so that warlocks can summon Healthstones for their party without needing to bring an excessive number of stones for their group. This also means that warlocks can summon pets during this period without using a soul shard.
Pets are dismissed upon entering an arena. Players must re-summon, otherwise they'd be able to summon their long-cooldown pets before entering.

Team Flags Each player automatically carries a flag that indicates what team they are on. Your team's insignia will be on this flag, so make sure to pick a cool and impressive banner that will strike fear in the hearts of your enemies.

Let the games begin! Each arena match is one battle. After one match is over, you will fight different players in your next match. Keep in mind that each time you fight, you will have no information about who your opponents are or what their class composition is until the match begins.

Death in the Arena When a character dies in an Arena instance, they'll be able to run around and "spectate" as a ghost. However, they will not be able to resurrect. The release spirit window says "You have died. Release spirit to enter Spectator Mode." Once the player has released, a message appears in the chat window stating, "You are in Spectator Mode. To abandon this battle, right-click the Arena icon on the minimap and select 'Leave Battle'."

Victory Conditions Every Arena match is a game of Last Man Standing, meaning that the match ends once all characters on one team have died, with the other team being the winner.

Post-Match Summary After the fight is over, a scoreboard appears with the following info:

Player names
Team names
Killing Blows per player
Damage Done per player
Healing Done per player
Rating adjustment per team

Other Information

No consumables other than bandages and conjured items can be used while in the arena.
Abilities/spells/items with cooldowns longer than 15 minutes cannot be used while in the arena. This also applies to resurrection.
There is no time limit for arena matches.
There is a power-up that allows you to see stealthed or invisible players, but you lose 15% of your health for picking it up. This allows you to combat players who attempt to hide to delay the match.
When players enter the Arena, all cooldowns on spells or items that have 15 minutes or less are reset. This allows them to have all their abilities available when the fight begins.
Players can use the /teamquit or /teamdisband command in order to leave an Arena team. Example: /teamquit 2v2
The last pet a player had summoned will be resummoned outside the Arena upon leaving.

Our matches played yesterday lose terribly (10-1).

Several areas which i think we can improve (from the viewpt of a healer player) :-

1) We are always dispersed all around (easily tempted by enemies) such that I cannot heal everyone unless i stand in the middle (which resulted in being stun or whack). I checked on the enemies and their healers are always able to hide, especially in the 1st half of the battle and yet they are able to heal (bec their mates are within range).

2) We are always on attack mode and dash in front but the opp team always stay together.

3) Our gear not good enuff? also possible.

4) Not enough practice and discussion of tactics.
Brick 
Some comment on how i hope to suprise enemy... This is what i saw as a lock on Youtube.com and i find it quite interesting and useful Wink

Get the normal buffs up and summon Voidwalker(VW) when match is 30 sec from starting, or 20 sec and use Sacrifice then summon felhunter, mount on and auto run heading on the door.

Effect : You have a shield that last u about first 10-15 sec if used right, you are highly resistance to most school (demo spec). That should buy you time to do 3 dot and a fear on one of the enemy you are facing. Against noobs u might be able to confuse them and hopefully win the battle.

In my opinion pvp is all about confusing enemy if u cannot outdamage them. Having a headstart is always a advantage Tongue

And last but not least i am open to duel for all class and race. We can learn from each other to get arena or pvp or bg tips for bigger rewards and returns. Thank you for wasting time and reading my post Big Grin
Haaa.

So are we playing anymore for our 5v5 arena matches?
Must see when sid is free lor. I think we must add more spare pvper in our grp.
Ask Yuuzu and Didak