Remove Ads

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Recent happenings
I guess the problem is there for some time but some of us are probably not aware or not solution on hand.

Firstly I think we have lack of members who are at the same or similar level. Not to say about level 70 only. When I am at level 60s, I always feel it is hard to get guild members to go for dungeon runs. The reason is those who are higher level (or level 70s) will prefer to go level 70 dungeons, then those level too low are not qualified to go.

Then again level 70 members feel that they dun have enuff people to go too. One group is form up, and the other grp is lack of some people. And once a grp is form up, members tend to prefer to prefer to go with the same people, and the other grp (who always lack of enuff people) feel neglected. This is from what i have observed.

Members whom i observed have not done much dungeon within guild- Zhuge, Mie (our new member), kio (relatively some but not many level 70 dungeons), Holyflash (our new member but doesn't appear online), Chompiee (Mia for some time, noticed online at different timing), Olympic (mia too), sid (I think he prefer PVP than dungeons).

Another reason for not enuff members to grp for dungeon is also bec' we do not have enuff healers and tanks who are regulars at our guild. Not that we dun have tank, just that some like Olympic and Chompiee appears to be MIA currently, and we are left with 2 tanks which is not enuff to go around esp if they want to do their own stuff too (may not want to go dungeon or selective). For healers, with kry, myself, zhuge and ylong (coming to level 70), we probably won't have such a problem.

Suggested solution - I will suggest that we recruit more tanks by asking at general line as i feel that referral method is too slow to mitigate the current problem. Subject to kry approval, can we implement this?

We can also scheduled regular runs (in the calender), just like what we have done when we first started our guild. Even though not many use the calender, i noticed that some members will look at the calender. We have to keep encourage the others to use the calender.

Your view on the above.
Thanks aristine for highlighting and summarizing the above problems. Let me continue to shed light on the above happenings.

Once ross and krys had decided to bring the guild down the path to karazhan, the initial plan was to have two teams running concurrently to attune everyone. We have decided that each group should ideally consist of a tank and a healer forming the core (especially when we have a relative lack of these), and they will form 2 teams running the quests simultaneously.

At that point in time, the 70 tanks in our guild were:
1. Yach (Fierce bear)
2. Sid (Fury warrior turned prot, turned fury, turned prot...)
3. Kryslynde (Protection pally)

Up and coming tanks:
1. Chompiee (Missy tank)
2. Eedan (Real warrior)
3. Olympic (Dwarf warrior)

Healers: at level 70 we have:
1. Zhuge (Holy paladin)

Up and coming ones were:
1. Aristine (Holy ret still 61?-62 then?)
2. Ylongcat (Holy priest, was still 62-63 then)
3. Holyflash had not come into the picture by then.

We had then decided that kryslynde would be a fake healer in plate: prot pally wearing healing gear, to try to suffice through the 70s dungeons. After a few tries, we realised it was a whole new ball game. Prot pally just isn't going to cut it as a healer. Neither is healer going to cut it as a tank.

After much discussion, there was a silent consensus among the top officers in the guild that krys should respec to holy to serve as a core in a second group. Krys and zhuge will pair with yach or sid to bring the groups through the dungeons.

Problems arose that sid was taking his exams, thus never around. The second core never formed, and yach became the only tank in our guild. We HAVE noticed that zhuge had not been able to run much when we were running. At that point my personal observation was that Zhuge seems to have logged on when we are in the middle of our run. Krys did thus deliberately chose not to run with the guild for a few occasions, choosing to run with a PUG so that Zhuge could have run, but somehow this was not communicated across.

When Yach, Weihong, Ross, Lei and Krys were attempting BM for the master key for kara, we have already come to a consensus that that would be the last time the 5 of us would be running together for a while. the next step would be to break this core group up to form 2 new cores so that we will eventually get our 10 man + for karazhan.

Development since then was that:
1. Our developing tanks were not coming up mostly because Chompiee is taking exams, and eedan seems to have irregular working hours thus not able to join us much. Oly had to move back to the states from Japan and thus went to a different time zone from us.
2. All our healers have pretty much matured. Having said that, 2 holy pally runs in a 70s dungeon feels disastrous, thus they are not seen grouped much together.
3. Sid has expressed disinterest in tanking, preferring to pursue his gladiator career.

Now we have an oversupply of healers over tankers. The 2 cores cannot be formed.
Ylongcat is still specced shadow, by the way.

We had a blast getting him to MC mobs to attack each other, while standing around and chuckling.
shadows are useful in Shadow labs and shettek halls.
Forgot about ASM too... one more heals down
My understand is that Chompiee has been online in a different timing from us (cos she still reply my mails), may not be due to exams but different working hours.

Nonetheless, we have to work on the recruitment of high 60s tanks.

We should include Angorra, Zhuge, Miekele in our dungeon runs. However, given that Ang and Mie is still new on dungeons, preferably simpler ones or high 60s are recommended as practice runs.
Since long, this tread has not been updated.

Since our 4 crucial members and subsquent our good tank have left the guild, our Kara run is not able to resume/cont and we have to recruit more members. It was a difficult time as we are demoralise and disappointed that the promising kara trip has to be postponed with no date, and it also pose a problem to go for normal instances.

However it is also through such bad times that some of us have strengthen our bonds and friendship and prefer to stay on as we are comfortable with each other.

Through hard work for 1 month, we have managed to recruit 1xrogue, 1xhunter, 1xmage and they are all excellent with high dps and some good instance/kara experience. Our good tank has also returned back to us eventually, and we are v happy about that.

We have over 10 (perhaps 14-16) members who are Kara attuned, with higher % of warlocks which arouse tough competition and thus possibly some may not be able to participate in our coming Kara run. Perhaps with more gear upgrades, some can rotate around so everyone has a chance to participate.

We have also improved and we are able to form a team for heroic Slave Pens and heroic ramparts and perhaps Heroic Mech soon. It is recommended to do more instance runs to obtain all heroic keys so that it is easier to participate in our heroic runs (which will improve gear for kara).